Oops! Here's one more photo I forgot to include in the collection of Taman Safari photos.
At the end of the day, we walked through the safer part of the zoo and saw the more innocent-and less exciting-animals, such as birds, bats, and white tigers. (Well, I guess white tigers are exciting...) We could pay $1 to get a photo taken with either a baby tiger or a baby orangutan on our laps. The tiger cub was cute, but he was acting hissy and facetious, so I opted for the baby orangutan instead. He was perfectly harmless, even though he wasn't photogenic and thought pulling my hair was much more interesting than smiling for yet another camera. Oh well. It was a fun day that I'll never get to experience anywhere else!
Also, in the background is SFC, for Safari Fried Chicken, like a KFC. (The KFCs here are just like all the other chain restaurants in Indonesia--they serve rice and tea and spaghetti along with the other foods. Even Pizza Hut has rice dishes and fruity drinks.) But this SFC was different than a KFC...because it had a huge dinosaur skeleton in it! It was the absolute, most random thing to see in a restaurant, especially since dinosaurs have nothing to do with Taman Safari or a restaurant that serves chicken. I didn't get to take a photo of it b/c my batteries died right after my picture with the baby orangutan.
Oh, for my meal of a fruity tea, french fries, and a chicken sandwich, I think I paid like $1.90. You CAN'T beat that. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment