Monday, November 10, 2008

Inside my house--downstairs

DRUUUMROLLLLL.......!!!!!!!!
FINALLY, here are some photos of the inside of my house! I came back last week from being on our youth camp retreat and hung up some final things on the walls. Unfortunately, I'd left my camera at Eric and Christine's house. Anyways...here's my downstairs!

This is the blue wall of my foyer as soon as you walk in. Samini does the ironing here.

Here's my kitchen. My entire house was painted this creamy, eggshell color, which, naturally, drove me completely crazy for color, so I painted parts of the kitchen blue. However, I'm just going to to leave the upstairs alone; it's fine with this color.







Kitchen cupboards....dishes... microwave....exciting, yes, I know....


Turn right out of the kitchen and you're in the living area. I don't really know what to call this area...







...but I call this "Alia's Playing Area". See the lovely white TILES??? This is the area that used to be a dirt breeding ground for cockroaches for a month-and-a-half, but...no more! Praise the Lord!!! However, it does still rain into the house, as you can see along the wall. Grr. At any rate, Alia's very happy playing here, rain or not, and so I'm happy. The window peeks into the kitchen, for some reason.

Kitchen table.

'Nuff said.














Living room. The gross, filmy white curtains came with the house, and they serve their purpose, so I'm keeping them for awhile.













I bought Eric and Christine's TV from them because they upgraded to a bigger one. However, I never have time to watch TV, at least, not until "American Idol" comes on in January, so I'll just use it for movies. Once I get a DVD player.

And here's where I sit whenever I'm Skyping with people and working on the Internet, because this is where my Internet is plugged in.

So anyways, hope you enjoyed my little tour, albeit not that exciting. It's still a work in progress, but it's made leaps and bounds since 3 weeks ago. Yay!

Upstairs photos coming soon! (As soon as I clean up my room.)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Cute house, Mandy! I love the bright colors.