Monday, June 8, 2009

End-of-the-year photos...

I'm not yet able to post photos of the musical, so here are some random snapshots of what's been going on lately around the school.....

I took this photo for two silly reasons:
1. So you could see our gym, in case you're curious; and
2. So you can see the brand-new, expensive curtain that Eric and I were able to buy before our "Secret Garden" performances.


Here are my Drama 9 students, after they performed the Japanese story, "The Bamboo Cutter", for the senior school.

(Kevin, Ivana, (me), Kenny, Jim, Nindia, Rodrick, Aldi, and Adit (in the front) )

...and here are the final few that showed up for class last week, although the boy in the pirate hat won't be returning to SPH next year... :(


The rest of these kids will be in Drama 10 next year.


And, yes, that's my Indian shawl on Adit's sweaty head...*sigh*!

On Saturday, after Fera, Yoshie and I went to the botanical gardens, Fera and I went with Eric to the "Secret Garden" cast party. It was at the same affluent house where we had our "JT and the Pirates" party, and, once again, it was nothing like a traditional cast party. They played with each other for hours, both in and out of the pool, and played piano. We didn't stay for the entire party, but the kids had a barbecue dinner right after we left. (But there weren't any fireworks this time.)


They're perfectly fine with just sitting around for hours and playing card games. They're so cute!

They're also perfectly fine with tormenting each other mercilessly. The kids take great joy in throwing each other into the pool...including certain drama teachers...
Here, Mr. Eric tried to throw one of my perpetrators, Tae Hee, into the pool as retaliation. (And because I commanded him to.)



More photos to come!

No comments: