Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Indian Birthday! :)

I'm now officially 28! I've mentally felt 28 for the last few months, for some reason,
but now it's official.
I should probably grow up sometime...

Anyways, my birthday yesterday was fun and special, despite the fact that it was on a school day this year instead of during Idul Adha holiday break.

When I walked into my classroom yesterday morning, it was already decorated!


Elise has my extra classroom key, and she'd snuck into my room the night before to decorate.
AWWW!

Throughout the day, my students sang "Happy Birthday" to me- usually multiple times in a row, b/c they're silly like that. :-P They were cute, AND they DIDN'T throw me into the pool, like they'd threatened to do to me! Hooray! :)

After school, Lisa and Elise wanted to throw an Indian birthday dinner for me.


Here I am, all ready for some Indian fun!
(They made me wear the princess crown for the evening.)


With Elise, showing off my Indian skirt (from Key West, haha!)


Chrissie, Shirley Anne, Elise, me, Lis(a), and Fera


Lis/Elise's maid and Chrissie/Shirley Anne's maids whipped up an AWESOME Indian meal! We ate some breaded chicken things w/ vegetable curry and naan (Indian bread),
along w/ mango lassi (drink).
MAJOR YUM!!



We had a lot of fun, and we can't wait to celebrate someone else's birthday soon. :-P

I just finished proctoring an hour's worth of detention. BO. RING! I am soooo glad I was always a great student and never got detention! Ugh! :(

Now it's time for chapel. It's also going to be a long night of grading.

I don't know how soon I'll do anything else exciting. Until then...

2 comments:

NoƩ and Bethany said...

That food looked fantastic!!!! :) Yum!

Unknown said...

ooohhhhhhhhhhh, i miss you all soooooo much! wish i could have celebrated your birthday with you! i loved the picture of you girls, it warmed my heart (both of ours - we both went "oohhhh").