Thursday, June 2, 2011

Students, staff, and painting fun!

My students are done with my classes! Here are some quick pics of them and what I've been up to...

Here are my Drama 8 students. They spent all semester learning about puppetry and, eventually, how puppetry can be used in education.

Each group of kids came up with a skit about caring for the environment.

You can't see it very well in this photo, but the boy in the middle is holding the main character for his skit- a mosquito!





Look how big it was!

It's like the mosquito from Hell!












:)






These boys, more or less, performed a skit about caring for the environment.





These 9th grade boys made puppets and computerized scenery for a story about 5R Man, who zips around the town, reminding people to reduce, reuse, recycle, rethink, and refuse. (It's a concept they learned in Humanities.)




These boys made a video about the problems of overpopulation. Personally, it was more entertaining than educational, but oh well...






The sweet girls!


They made a video about poverty and human trafficking.





Here are some of my big, bad, tough 10th graders...






...and some more of them.


I taught most of these students for the last 3 years, while they were in Drama 8, 9 and 10, so it was kind of a sad day for me to say goodbye to their shining faces... *tears*






On Wednesdays, we teachers and staff always have chapel at the end of the day. Since this was our last Wednesday to meet together, we just had a day of playing sports together.

I can already hear my family either laughing already or expressing their disbelief that I actually did anything. I DID! We warmed up by playing soccer, which earned me 2 huge bruises on my right leg that I'll gladly show to the doubters when I come home in a few weeks.

I also hung out in the archery corner by the pool. (Don't worry- no swimmers ever get shot!)

Here are some pics of me with some of the crazy teachers!


Here I am, pretending to be Robin Hood!

However, my archery skills are severely lacking, so if I ever need to kill something for survival in the wilderness, I'm in big trouble! :-/









With Pak Ferry, the gym teacher

(I don't know what was so funny in this photo, b/c the bow was incredibly heavy and hurting my left shoulder...)











Ready...aim...















Woo hoo! I actually shot an arrow close to the bull's eye! :)









Oops!


This is Pak Andre, the school photographer. And a total goofball. (!)












Ready, aim....and...














I love this photo!













Pak Andre and Detty got a little crazy!


(Detty's one of my girlfriends that I mention once in awhile on here.)











I'm not sure what they were doing here...
encouraging Chrismy, maybe?
















Yay! Chrismy did it!
















With Chrissie and Lis














Welcome to my Zambian/Chinese prayer room/art studio that I finally organized!


I had bought Chinese pillow cases in Singapore 2 years ago to use in this room, but I never actually set up this room until a few weeks ago. I bought the red hanging things and the little Chinese girl pillow at Hypermart during Chinese New Year this year.

A few months ago, some expats came over and painted something for this room so that I could remember them and pray for them in this room.

p.s. Isn't the sunlight just perfect in this photo??? :)

This is a beautiful teak dresser that I bought from Kris and David last year. I was sooo excited to finally have a dresser instead of putting my clothes on shelves in my wardrobe.








I love my Chinese pillows! :)







These are candle holders on my dresser, made out of bamboo (I think), sitting on top of a beautiful sarong/wrap/thing from Zambia!


I needed something to put underneath the candle holders so that candle wax wouldn't get on the wrap, so I used 2 DVDs that I somehow acquired and will never watch- "I Am Legend" and "Quantom of Solace". I personally think it's a great way to recycle action movies!



This is a very macabre-looking candle holder I bought in Jakarta few months ago during my Girls' Day shopping trip.


I love it!










My wardrobe



I'll post more photos later this week, after I've had more exciting adventures! *home is less than 2 weeks away* :-D

1 comment:

Kayleen said...

You sure know how to decorate! Lovely home!