Some people, who shall not be named, have asked for an update on my life, so, here's a quickie synopsis for you of my past few days.
I'm now in the middle of our school's Easter Break. Friday was the most anti-climactic Friday before a break I'd ever experienced with students; the kids were calm instead of psychotic with excitement. :-P
After school that day, another expat teacher, Sassa, and I got hour-long massages (for $5.75!!) and then ate Japanese food at a local restaurant.
On Saturday, I went to a colleague's traditional wedding,
which I'll write a separate blog post about next.
On Sunday, I went into church in Jakarta. I used to occasionally attend an international, English-speaking church in the city center, and I managed to get there again on Sunday. I loved it! It's still a very diverse church community, and the sermons are usually done well and to the point, like last week's.
After church, I met up with my friend Yoshie. I got BOGO (buy one, get one) promos on my phone from restaurants in the area, so we had BOGO pizza...
...and Coldstone!
(There really is NOTHING like the chocolate + peanut butter combo!)
Yoshie spent the night at my apartment, and then we went back into the city together the next day. My plan was to do some grading at a mall instead of alone in my classroom, so we went to a mall called Pasaraya so that I could visit its handicrafts floor and get some new batik wallets.
Like 'em?
Tonight, I went to dinner with a former coworker who now lives in Indonesia with her husband and son. We went shopping at a fabric store for batik, which I plan on having someone make into tank tops.
I'll show you the tank tops when they're made! *excited!*
Tomorrow, I have to go into Jakarta to renew my visa on arrival. This is an unexpected bummer, as I was planning on using tomorrow to get some imperative things done in my classroom for Quarter 3, because grades are due on Monday next week. I'm having friends come visit me starting on Thursday through the weekend, so I won't have any other time to get my work done.
Wish me luck!
1 comment:
The batik fabrics look great! I look forward to seeing more.
Post a Comment