I'm terrible at keeping my blog updated. Sorry if you've been waiting for an update from me!
I'm not one of those bloggers that enjoys spending time pouring my soul into a blog. The purpose of this blog, for me, is to show the faithful few who follow me here some pics of life over here in Indonesia, anything unique and exciting I do, and some of my friends.
I haven't done anything exciting lately, though, and I've been very busy with school lately; hence, this verrrrry belated blog post. :-/
****************
A quick recap for you:
- In April, my school needed to send me out of the country, because I was on a visitors visa, and my 60 days for it were going to expire. So my admin. sent me to Singapore overnight, where I hung out with 2 former students and my other friends there.
- Prior to arriving in Singapore, I'd been getting small headaches, off and on. While in Singapore, my headaches worsened, aggravated by the EXTREME heat there.
- I began having dengue-like symptoms while in Singapore, to the point where I could barely hold my head up to send sub plans to my school before my flight home. I held my head in my lap in the taxi all the way to the airport, where my friends took me to the airport clinic. I got a shot to bring down my 102 temperature, and they gave me some pills that didn't seem to help much.
- I got back to my apartment safely but feeling horrible. The next day, I stayed in my dark, cool bedroom, because light hurt my eyes, as well as moving my eyes at all. I also threw up every single liquid about every half hour or so.
- The next day, some coworkers grabbed me in the morning and took me to our local hospital, where I spent the night getting rehydrated and food. I felt tired but MUCH better when I was released, so, I'm thankful God took total care of me in that situation!
- I'm relocating to a new campus next year within my school corporation here in Indonesia. I'll be living in Jakarta, on the north side, very close the airport. It's in the ritziest area of the city, so there's a better than decent chance I'll turn into a yuppie. (It's actually in Lippo Village, which I talked about a few posts ago.) This campus is the main campus and is the biggest one of the 5 campuses. It's actually HUGE. (I've visited it twice over the years and always felt lost.) I don't know more finalized information yet, but when I do, I'll post about it.
- There's a chance a college friend of mine will be teaching there with me next year! We haven't seen each other in 9 years, but we've stayed in touch, so we're crossing our fingers that her application interview goes well next week! :)
**************
I don't have much else to say right now, except that I'll get home a month from today, on June 21st. My summer breaks are very short; we begin school at the end of July, so I'll have to return in mid-July. We get several breaks throughout the year for various holidays for the 5 religions in Indonesia, so that's supposed to compensate.
I should get caught up on grading right now, but I feel like baking cookies instead. :-P
I'll try to post again within the next few days. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment