Saturday, November 8, 2008

Meet my awesome students!

Here are some of my students at SPH. At the beginning of my time here in August, I couldn't remember some of their names, so I did what some college professors did for their students: I took photos of the kids with their names so I could look at the pics and memorize faces with names. It's a very helpful tactic. Also, it's helpful to call the students by their nicknames, which they prefer, anyways, because their full names usually involve 4-5 names, with about 10-15 letters each, which are fun to try to pronounce. (*I didn't take photos of my 7th and 10th grade drama kiddos because it was easy for me to memorize their names, for some reason, so they're not posted on here.*)

In the photo above are some of my grade 12 English students: Ratria, Tia, Gita, Kiki, and Edgar, who's eating his name sign and prefers to be called "Edge". Grade 12 has been reading, watching, and studying John Steinbeck's book Of Mice and Men. They've actually been enjoying it, too. :)

Here are more, but not all of, grade 12 students: Tina (she's Tia's twin sister), Dhita, Steven, and Tasia (pronounced Taszya).


Here are some grade 11 English kids: Martin, Alvin, Aditya, and Gita. Grade 11 has been patiently plowing through Arthur Miller's The Crucible. I have a million other ideas for teaching this next year to ESL kids, so hopefully it will be more fun for next year's 11 graders, although these guys have never complained about the difficulty. I love these kids!



And yet some more, but not all, 11th grade: Tika, Billy, Samuel, and Bita.





Here are most of my happy, happy, happy 9th graders in drama class, playing the Human Knot game, and having a fun time, even though it took forever and they all were gushing sweat: Kenny, Jim, Adit, Kevin, Nindia, and Aldi. They're surprisingly mature for their ages, and they're much more focused about theater than the 10th grade drama kiddos are.

Meet some 8th grade drama boys: Arnold, Gio, Hendra, and Trias (on the floor). There seems to be a HUGE maturity difference between grade 9 and grade 8, as seen in Arnold's display of maturity in sticking out his tongue. But they're definitely a fun bunch, and they help keep me awake at the very end of the day on Fridays when I'm feeling tired.

And here are some 8th grade drama girls: Vera, Jennifer, Shanti, and Ananda. They're so cute!
There are other photos of the 8th grade class, but they're not very good quality, so I'm not going to post them here.



Teaching here has been such a blessing, I love my kids to death, and I wouldn't rather be anywhere else right now. :)

2 comments:

Laura said...

What a blessing to be able to say that you are exactly where you want to be, huh? God is good, and you're a pretty cool teacher :)

Regan said...

Thanks for posting cool photos of your students. I like the photo idea with their name. I thank Dr. Keller for giving me the idea when I did it with my students. Sounds like you're having fun!