Whew! We just had a great but very busy/chaotic/busy first week of school. I missed my kids soooo much, and I was really glad to see them.
It was a crazy week because the 3 other English teachers that I'm in charge of in our dept. are all new, so they kept coming to me with questions...and other things happened...but it was a fun week, overall.
Here are some photos of my ADORABLE 7th grade homeroom students! They come in quietly each morning and just sit in their desks without talking to each other. I usually experienced this last year with my 10th grade homeroom kiddos, but they were quiet because they were sleepy and kinda lazy. The kids in my new class are just petrified out of their minds about being in the middle school now. :-P
(Mandy and Amanda think they should get a photo taken with me, haha... If we ever do, I'll post it on here.)
In Homeroom, we can speak: English, Bahasa Indonesia, Korean, Mandarin, Japanese, and Spanish (my Costa Rican student). It's a beautiful thing. :)
Some interesting names in my classes I have this year are: Chika (for "Chiquita"), Pandya, Yuu, Miami, Bagas, Hansen, and Alistair. I love the variety of names that students have; they're never boring, that's for sure.
I don't have much else to report, other than I'll be having auditions soon for the play Robin Hood and Maid Marian. The kids are excited, especially the boys, since the play will involve some minor sword-fighting moves and bows and arrows. The girls are excited, too, and so far, they all want to be Robin's Merry Men, but not Maid Marian or the other girl parts. *Sigh* We'll have to work on that...
Now I'm off to go swimming. (a.k.a. sitting in the water, reading, while trying to get a tan/not burn) I'm feeling very lazy right now at school, and I can't decide if I want to take a nap or get some work done...sleep sounds realllllly good right now, though....!
No comments:
Post a Comment