I've been insanely busy ALREADY with school and life, which is not a good omen, b/c the play rehearsals and technicalities haven't even started yet...! However, this is a 3-day weekend b/c Monday is Indo's Independence Day, so I can work leisurely all weekend to prepare for mass chaos in the weeks and months to come.
But I know some people would rather see updated photos of my favorite, beautiful, bossy, big girl than hear about updates in my life, so here you go!
We had an impromptu photo session this morning before she and Samini left for their house in Bogor. Alia and I watched the colors on my Windows Media Player as they swirled and transformed themselves to the lovely tunes of the Chipmunks Christmas album that I'd copied onto my computer...(shhh!) She loves the Chipmunks, and she walks around the house in a high-pitched voice like they do--it's so funny!
She had on a really cute outfit, so I HAD to take a picture of her. But one's never enough for Alia, so enjoy her cuteness! (I was also experimenting with the colored tints on my camera.)
Still working on trying to take a nice photo...
Here's a nice, smiley photo!
Finally!
Back to my life lately....
A big reason why I'm SUPER busy is b/c I'm the head of the English department. I truly have no idea what I'm doing, and I had no idea how much work/stress it entailed. It's a 2-year commitment and is an additional step up on the pay scale, but lately, I've wondered if it's worth my mental health...? I'll survive, I guess, but it's sooo overwhelming!
One happy thought coming out of this situation is that, since I'm a homeroom teacher for 7th graders, I get to be one of the lead teachers for their field trip....in April....to BALI!!! I'm so excited! I haven't been to Bali yet, and everyone says I MUST go to Bali. Woo! (Can I say I love my school???)
We had auditions this week for Robin Hood and Maid Marian, and the show's a go, thankfully! We had JUST enough students audition, which I'd prayed about, so I know this is God making this show happen! However, when I posted the cast list a few days ago, a girl who had a lead role informed me she'll be moving to Scotland in a month. *Conflict.* So, after much rearranging of some characters, I can finally say, for certain, that this play will happen. (!) If you don't hear from me very often from now until mid-November, now you'll know why. :-P
My classes are going well. I love my kids, and the class dynamics seem to be pretty much the same for me, all grades 7-11. They're pretty energetic, happy, and willing to learn. Except...for my Drama 9 class. Something about that grade is still very, very immature, and I had to come down on them twice during class time last week, which is unusual for SPH. They're wired to the max when they come into class, and then blah and nonresponsive for the rest of the time. *Sigh* But I love them, regardless.
My house has undergone some minor changes since I last posted photos of it. I'm in the process of painting my bedroom walls, so I can post updated photos of my place in a few weeks or so.
Now it's time for a nap. I might head into Starbucks tonight b/c they play live jazz music there on Saturday nights, which I love b/c it makes me feel like I'm in Chicago!
No comments:
Post a Comment