Today is Little Miss Alia's birthday. Last year, her birthday was on a Friday, and so I had invited some teachers to come over and celebrate with her. They did come over, but she was extremely crabby and went to bed at, like, 7:00ish. So we ate her ice cream and cake without her.
Those were the days of her terrible 2's, for sure.
Lately, she's grown out of her former crabbiness and is much more cheerful.
I woke up super early this morning (Saturday), mainly b/c I'd woken up super early each morning of Youth Camp this past week, and I managed to catch Alia and Samini before they went grocery shopping in Bogor.
I took these photos on Lisa's front porch, next-door.
(She's getting sooooo big!)
Alia knows this guy from the beginning of the movie "How the Grinch Stole Christmas", which we've seen about 10 times already. She loooooves Cindy Lou Who and the doggie, and she likes to say that the Grinch is yucky. ("Yucky" is the only adjective she knows to express negativity for something. Scary, broken, and weird things are all considered yucky. I'm still working on building up her vocabulary.)
SUCH a beautiful girl!
Alia's giving her drawing requests to Lisa.
Now it's time to do some grading, as usual.
Pretty soon, I'm going to make an attempt to use my gas oven, which I've never done before. I want to make corn casserole, if I can find any canned corn. If not, then I'll have to buy ears of it and shave it off, which could be a lot of work. We expats are going to have a Fall Brunch after our home church meeting in the morning, so we're supposed to bring homemade, Fall foods. Canned pumpkin can only be found in Jakarta, in select stores, and is $10 for a large can of it, so pumpkin anything is out of the question.
Wish me luck!!
No comments:
Post a Comment