These kids in these photos have been my babies/my family for the past 3 months here at SPH. The actors are in grades 7-10, and the 11th graders helped with EVERYTHING behind the scenes to make this show happen, including designing this poster and the black t-shirts you'll see here. I'm so grateful for them!
Enjoy the pics!
**********************************
**********************************
(These first several photos are ones that I'm borrowing from some of my students from their Facebook albums, since I couldn't take any photos during the performances.)
The little girls who were Merry Men were also the villagers in the beginning. The guards stole their money, but Robin Hood and Little John arrived, just in time, to save the day!
The love situation in the play: The sheriff is in love with Maid Marian; he proposes to her with his eyes closed and accidentally proposes to Nurse instead; and, at the end of the play, he lifts "Maid Marian's" veil to see he's married her mother. Poor guy- he just couldn't win...
Oops! The sheriff accidentally proposed to Nurse instead of to Maid Marian! (Maid Marian escaped with Robin Hood through the balcony.)
Scenes in Sherwood Forest

"All in favor of a double wedding, say 'aye'!"
Oops! The sheriff accidentally proposed to Nurse instead of to Maid Marian! (Maid Marian escaped with Robin Hood through the balcony.)
Scenes in Sherwood Forest
"All in favor of a double wedding, say 'aye'!"(Little John also proposed to her nurse here.)
With my assistant director, Fabio, and stage manager, Ibu Kiky, who graciously volunteered to help me, even though she's a student teacher!
My vice-principal gave me flowers. :)
It was a great, but busy and exhausting, week, and now I need to keep working on stuff.
***************************************************************************
These are my own photos. In some, I'm wearing the backstage t-shirt that I wore during the morning performance that we gave to local schools and for some of our elementary kids, and in others, I'm dressed up for the evening performance.
You can see 'tech week' written all over my face- I look horrible! :-/
***************************************************************
These are my own photos. In some, I'm wearing the backstage t-shirt that I wore during the morning performance that we gave to local schools and for some of our elementary kids, and in others, I'm dressed up for the evening performance.
You can see 'tech week' written all over my face- I look horrible! :-/
***************************************************************
All of Robin's Merry Men were adorable, little 7th grade girls. :-P
"Little John" (Dias), "guard" (Raymond), "Robin Hood" (Kevin), and "Nigel, the guard" (Darren)
And then I reprimanded them for playing with the Merry Men's weapons before the show.
The grade 11 students made this wanted poster, and I'm pretty sure they did it on a Mac. (They keep persuading me to trade in my Dell for a Mac, but I refuse.)
I think they seriously wished this were a musical with dancing and choreography, b/c they kept singing this dumb song for the last two weeks at rehearsal, haha...

:)
It was a great, but busy and exhausting, week, and now I need to keep working on stuff.
Hope you enjoyed the pics!
*********


2 comments:
What a great show, Mandy! You're such a cool teacher:)
I showed your blog to all of my little 5th grade kiddies. They loved the show pix. Most had never seen a blog so it was an educational experience. :) Love you and miss you, Mom
Post a Comment