Yep, that's right- I was a policewoman, and it was soooo much fun!
Last week, the 10th graders had their simulation day. They finished a long, intense unit on human rights, and so they spent yesterday interacting as upper-class and lower-class citizens.
Some teachers were assigned to be involved with it, and only one volunteered to be involved with it- me. I wanted to be one of the policewomen. :)
Last week, the 10th graders had their simulation day. They finished a long, intense unit on human rights, and so they spent yesterday interacting as upper-class and lower-class citizens.
Some teachers were assigned to be involved with it, and only one volunteered to be involved with it- me. I wanted to be one of the policewomen. :)
This is a photo of me after I "shot" one of the lower-class citizens. He did something minor, but it ticked me off, so I shot him with my "gun"- a soy sauce bottle.For him, soy sauce was worse than a real bullet wound; he felt nauseous from the soy sauce smell for the rest of the day. I felt a little guilty for shooting him, but he'll get over it...
These are the upper-class girls...
...and these are the upper-class guys. They all were allowed to wear whatever they wanted to on this day instead of the normal school uniform.
Meet Regi, a lower-class citizen who's finding peace inside her cardboard box.
This is part of the lower-class at the beginning of our simulation, when it was relatively cooler outside.
The boy on the left, holding the sign, is named Bagas. He later ran away, outside of the simulation's boundaries. None of the policemen wanted to exert energy in chasing him, so we labeled him as a terrorist who ran away to a foreign country.
:-P
Here's the lower-class cardboard housing commu- nity.
Toward the end of the 2 hours, things got a bit stressful for the lower class, because the upper class was getting greedier for their cardboard houses.
Mass chaos!
These poor guys barely have a home left, and it's why Pandya, on the ground, looks scared out of his mind!
They're hiding from me! :-P
No comments:
Post a Comment