Saturday, February 26, 2011

Chinese New Year fun...and some misc...

(It's been a month since I've updated this blog. Here I go...)

Joy left about a month ago. Before she left, we spent the night at a beautiful hotel close to the airport so that we wouldn't have to rush her to the airport the next morning.


Just for kicks, we ordered dinner room service, which was a ton of fun! We did this so that we could try to finish Season 5 of "Psych" on my laptop. (We fell asleep, though.)



*YUM!!*


A few weeks later, we celebrated an extended Chinese New Year holiday weekend. We had a Thursday and Friday off of school, which was WONDERFUL!

On the first night of our holiday, we expats went to the house of two new women teachers. They invited us all to paint canvases to decorate their house, so I painted a white elephant.



This is a cute pic of Becky.
(If don't remember her, she's Jared's wife, and they're Cara Grace's parents.)


She ended up painting an Arabic - looking design from her shirt, which ended up looking amazingly beautiful. (I didn't take finished product photos of either, though...oops!)

The next day was the actual Chinese New Year holiday.


Here I am with Fera, wearing a Chinese - looking shirt I'd brought from home.


We got together that evening at Jared and Becky's house for a bonfire and s'mores.





Meet Josh.


Josh just came to Sentul in January to teach 4th grade. He was born in Thailand, grew up in Minnesota, and did his student teaching on another part of Java. He has no problem hanging out with us girls, and we sometimes forget he's NOT female. :-P


Here's a cute pic of Lis with Cara...



...and another cute one of Cara with Leanne, another new teacher this year.

(We painted canvases for her house.)




After s'mores, we lit fireworks and then had prayer and praise time around the fire. We usually gather together on Thursdays for this time together.

Here are Becky, Chrissie and Shirley Anne leading us in song. :)

No comments: