Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 4 - Old people and animals and mud- oh my!

After the museum, we went to a nursing home so the students could earn CAS (Community and Service) credit. They sang songs and played games with the residents, and then they went to their villas to see how they live there.



This is Pak Agung. He and I are the 7th grade homeroom teachers, which is why we went on this field trip.













The kids sang some praise and worship songs. Sooo precious!











You can see the women's pretty kabayas here.


















Group photo at the nursing home








After the nursing home, we went to Turtle Island. (It was SO HOT!) The first thing we did was listen to a seminar, which I fell asleep to because I was exhausted and it was all in Indonesian.














After the painfully boring seminar, we were allowed to play with some baby turtles!
















They were so cute!





















Axel's face is adorable!






















THEY WERE SOOO CUTE!!!












Lee's quite proud of this turtle!





















Reinhart
















Cool!















We got extremely dirty on Thursday, because we also went trekking through a mangrove forest to plant new trees.

William is clearly afraid of the mud. My kids are wusses!











I think they look like cavemen! :-P












Thomas the Fearless Student initiated a mud fight.

Of course.









Oh. This was when the boys discovered little crabs on a mud mound, so they threw mud at the crabs.

Poor crabs!

No comments: