Yesterday, I met up with a former student of mine named Larry. He's in college in Singapore and we keep in contact a bit, so we met up for a few hours to catch up on life.
I ordered borek...




...and falafel.
Larry was decidedly NOT a fan of Turkish food, and since I couldn't eat all of the falafel by myself, I ended up bringing some leftovers home and feeding the pigeons. (Inconspicuously, of course, so I wouldn't be fined.)
A close up of the pretty interior
And then, of course, we got Starbucks. :)

On my first night in Singapore, neither Joy nor I had enough energy to go out for dinner, so we ordered in. She wanted to introduce me to a Chinese recipe called a golden pillow. In essence, it's a huge loaf of bread that's baked with chicken, beef or lamb curry inside it, so we ordered a lamb pillow.
Joy's cutting the pillow with scissors, which I think is odd, but I've seen many people in Asia do this. :-P

It looks beautiful, and it tasted great! :)
A few nights ago, Joy and I went out for dinner with her friends Donovan and Jodie.
On Monday, I went to Sentosa Island to swim with the pink dolphins! This was something I'd learned about over 2 years ago and had been thinking about ever since. A family of a bunch of little kids and I were in this water with trainers and 2 beautiful dolphins, and we had a blast!
Unfortunately, I have no photos of me doing this; I was supposed to buy an expensive photo they took w/ their own photographer, but I looked ridiculous in it. Oh well. I did it and have fun memories, and that's all that counts!
Feeding fish to the dolphins, which the other dolphin swimmers and I also did.
Now, I need to go to bed because Joy and I are headed to Malaysia tomorrow morning. There's a hot deal for us to go on a quick historic tour around the Strait of Malacca, which is somewhat infamous for piracy.
I'm excited!
I'll post again about it in a few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment