Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My last few hours in Singapore

(This is a random entry that begins with Easter Sunday and concludes with my favorite Bollywood movie.)

On Sunday, Joy and I went to church for a LONG Easter service, and then we randomly went to her friend Donovan's house for lunch.

His family is Chinese, so we had an authentic Cantonese lunch and, which consisted of some English conversations and much Cantonese humor that I didn't understand but laughed at politely.
I avoided the fish because it contained every tooth, bone and eyeball, but the chicken and veggie dishes were pretty good. I even had soup called hairy gourd soup!






After lunch, we went to a funky, dessert cafe that's notorious for soy-based (think of tofu) ice cream flavors.

They also had these funky desserts.














Sounds...healthy...!







Green tea & durian







Broccoli & pea and cauliflower & corn











I sampled the broccoli pea ice cream.

DIS.GUS.TING!



















Good friends! :)












These are some random signs I saw in the train tunnel close to Joy's church.














































:)


























In the middle is Pee Bee. ("Pee" is a Thai word that means something along the lines of "auntie" or "female friend in higher authority".) She's Joy's housemate, which is perfect for them both because they can speak to each other in Thai and in English. She's super sweet, and I met her every single time I'd visited Joy, but I've never had a photo of her til this trip, for some reason.




Ok. Here's my only proof that I DID indeed swim with the dolphins - a t-shirt! (It actually fits me, too!)









I also FINALLY bought a legal copy of "3 Idiots", which I'd previously done in Malaysia last September, but that copy had only Malayu subtitles, not English ones.

If you haven't seen this movie and have 3 hours to spare, you really should watch it. :)





This is Tuesday night, which sadly concludes my lovely, 10-day holiday break. I need to get ready for bed soon here, but I hope you've had fun looking at photos of life in Singapore!

1 comment:

NoƩ and Bethany said...

Broccoli & pea ice cream? Oh my gosh that sounds horrible... Good on you for trying it but wow. I'll take chocolate, thanks! ;)