Here is some general information about Indonesia that I pulled from various websites on the Internet. I don't have any creative or ingenious ways to share this information, so for now, it looks like this. :-P Enjoy!
**Indonesia is an archipelago in Southeast Asia consisting of 17,000 islands (6,000 inhabited) and straddling the equator. Part of the “ring of fire,” Indonesia has the largest number of active volcanoes in the world. Earthquakes are frequent. Wallace's line, a zoological demarcation between Asian and Australian flora and fauna, divides Indonesia.
Population (2007 est.): 234,693,997
Capital and largest city (2003 est.): Jakarta, 13,194,000 (metro. area), 8,389,443 (city proper)
Other large cities: Surabaya, 3,038,800; Bandung, 2,733,500; Medan, 2,204,300; Semarang, 1,267,100
Monetary unit: Rupiah pronounced (roo-PEE-yah)
Languages: Bahasa Indonesia (official), English, Dutch, Javanese, and more than 580 other languages and dialects
Ethnicity/race: Javanese 45%, Sundanese 14%, Madurese 7.5%, coastal Malays 7.5%, other 26%
Religions: Islam 88%, Protestant 5%, Roman Catholic 3%, Hindu 2%, Buddhist 1%
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0107634.html
**1 US Dollar = 9,174.31 Indonesian Rupiah
http://www.oanda.com/
**When I'm in Indonesia, I will be 12 hours ahead of my family in Indiana, or 12 hours ahead of EST in the U.S. (Which means I'll celebrate New Year's first in the world, with Australia!)
Find out what time it is anywhere in the world on this website: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment