-Immediately following my lovely trip to Water Bom, I battled a ferocious stomach virus/parasite/sickness, caused by stress, said the doctors.
-After a week of fighting it with various medicines and calling in sick for a 5th day, I won the battle. :-/
-I'm halfway done with my Christmas shopping!
-I ate at a hott, cute little cafe at a mall in Jakarta called Kopi Luwak. Yep. Remember what kopi luwak is? If not, refer to a blog post from August or September. (I went here last Saturday, a week AFTER my stomach episode, so it wasn't the cause of my sickness!)
-I was invited to an Indonesian wedding in Bali (today) but had to turn it down because I was saving money for a trip to Bandung next week. (Plus, the wedding isn't going to be very traditional in the Indonesian culture, so I don't think I'll miss much. Just Bali.)
-I began planning for a trip to Bandung next week with 2 of my Indonesian girlfriends (last week), and we had to cancel our plans b/c one of the girls is broke (10 min. ago). So, we'll have lots of fun bumming around Jakarta during our 4-day-weekend next week! (Some random holiday is during that time, so we get an extended weekend.)
-I'm going to visit two of my college friends in Singapore during my Spring Break vacation in a few weeks. I'm very excited to get out of Indonesia for a little while.
Since I have nothing else terribly exciting to write about, I decided to start posting photos of my surroundings. As I take walks and can take more photos of the main street in Sentul (yes, there really IS only one), I'll post them.
In the meantime, here are a few photos from around my neighborhood.
If I turn right out of my driveway and walk straight, this what what I see.
This is the street outside of the guard gate.
This is a blurry photo of the banana vendors across the street from my addition.
No comments:
Post a Comment