Saturday, March 7, 2009

Water Bom

I haven't posted anything in a while, so here's a brief update on some things in life lately, besides the eternal grading...

Last Saturday, I went to a water park with my friend, Yoshie, and the students that live in the boarding house. It's called Water Bom. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be Water BOOM or Water BOMB, but that's what it's called. :-P

Anyways, this place is MUCH, much smaller than any water park in the U.S., but I personally think this one is better for that reason. It's much more family-oriented, and kids can run around on their own because it's safe to do that. There are no insanely scary or dangerous water rides, either, just fun ones.

I didn't take any super-exciting photos of the park, but here are a few to show off.

Here's one of the slides.








It looks cloudy. It was. I didn't get there until about 3:00 in the afternoon, so it wasn't too hot anymore, but the water was really warm.

Family-friendly tubing













BOOOM!




















Random: I went to a new restaurant at the mall with Fera. The place allegedly specializes in pancakes, steaks, and coffee, which ultimately sounds gross when put together. (Plus, "steak" here is a relative term...I miss expensive, REAL sirloin steaks from the U.S.!) I ordered blueberry pancakes, and this is what I got--vanilla ice cream with a cherry on top of it all! ("Ice cream" is a relative term here, too, meaning it's not that great...) This was a really weird meal, but it was pretty good.


Alia update:
I came home yesterday from school and found Alia running around on my driveway, wearing her underclothes and chocolate. It looked like fun, so I did it, too. (JUST kidding!) She's such a showoff, so I took her picture. :)

Monday is a holiday, Mohammed's birthday, so if I do anything exciting, besides grading, I'll write about it on here!

No comments: