Monday, April 5, 2010

Trip to Belitung

Last week was our "Spring Break", but since we don't really have Spring b/c we don't have varying seasons, we call it Quarter 4 Break. Eric and Christine and I have wanted to take a vacation together for the last 2 years before they move to South Korea next year, so we went to an island called Belitung. (It's a part of the Sumatran province, and it's a larger island in the midst of several tiny islands to the east of Sumatra.)

We had a great time and saved a lot of money going to this beautiful island! The sand was pure white, totally clean, and not hot at all to walk on. The water was clear and there were barely any major waves, so we were able to rent the cheap snorkeling gear and go snorkeling in front of our cottages. The best part was looking at the water; I swear I saw every shade of blue in the color palette. (!!!)

Unfortunately, my camera decided to officially die the morning we left for Belitung. >:-( Soooo....I have zero photos to show of the beauty there. However, you can see the beautiful scenery and lodgings at the website where Eric booked our reservations.

Here's the official Kelayang Beach Cottages website.

I won't dwell on the negative things there, like the bad-word roosters who crowed 24/7 UNDER my cottage every day and night, or the constant sandflies and mosquitoes that gave me 89 bug bites, or the uber- annoying Indonesians who kept taking our photos and video footage of us until Eric and I got in their faces and physically forced them to stop. We had a fun time just chilling out, reading, sleeping, and snorkeling.

Just click on the link above to see the natural beauty that represents the country in which I live.

*ahem come visit me ahem*


This is an image from the Internet of the actual cottage I stayed in with two other girls. The bright purple one in the middle was sooo fun to stay in! I felt like I was living in a doll house, minus the crappy interior.

No comments: