Monday, September 13, 2010

Becoming one with nature in Singapore

(I'm getting a little behind on my blogging here in Singapore b/c I've been gone all daylong each day, and I come home soaked in sweat and exhausted each night...)

Anyways, on Sunday afternoon, Joy and I took 2 long, hot walks- 1 in a city garden, and 1 along a cool, new bridge.

Our first walk was in a park called Hort Park, as you can read below.
It's a garden that's all about "being green" and promoting ideas about how to incorporate nature and art into your lifestyle.


It was free to explore, which is always a plus.

This is the information desk.


Pretty cool, huh? :)


This flower was really pretty, but its colors look this bright only b/c I enhanced them on my computer.

Enjoy the random photos!










Here's a novel idea:

Recycle your old beer and tea cans by making them into planters for your own garden!
Oh boy!


Haha! I love these signs! :)












The Tin Man...


...and Scarecrow were here, for unknown reasons. Dorothy, Toto, and the Cowardly Lion were nowhere to be found.
Weird!


Ahhh! What a relaxing chair!

Parents could sit here while their kids played on the playground nearby.


Outdoorsy bathrooms are the best for getting rid of odors.

There was a building in the park that was promoting creative ways to bring nature into your home decor.

Here, Joy's taking a picture of a way- cool chair in the form of a hibiscus, which is pretty much THE coolest thing ever! She's standing in front of some curtains with a flower print on them, which is also cool.


Haven't you always wanted to put plants INSIDE your shelves? Or hang them upside down???


Here, you can grow plants inside your coffee table!
This would be way more exciting for me if I actually LIKED plants, but it's a cool concept.



There was an orchid garden attached to the house in the back.






AMAZING, THERAPEUTIC CHAIR!

After the garden walk, we trekked across the Alexandra Arch, below, which also can light up in various colors at night!

After the loooooong, hot trek, we ultimately ended up at this bridge, called the Henderson Wave.

You can read about both of these bridges here.


Cool!





Haha!
This guy was either stretching and holding, or he'd fallen asleep. I'd thought he was dead.
We all took photos of him, and when he heard our cameras clicking, he moved, so I knew he wasn't dead. Haha!


Some sights of the city and nature along our walk
















You could ride in a cable car up to this uber- expensive restaurant.

Needless to say, Joy and I didn't go in it.


We settled for ice- cold sugarcane juice in a local cafeteria, which tasted nothing short of AMAZING after our walks!


I HAD to get ice cream from here, haha!


It's now Wednesday morning, and it's been a rainy morning, which is a perfect time to write my next blog entry!

No comments: