It's Saturday night, April 23rd.
This date is significant if you're a Justin Bieber fan, because he's giving a concert IN SENTUL, IN MY TOWN IN INDONESIA, 10 minutes away from my house, at this very moment!
I'm sooo NOT a JB fan, but I think it's pretty cool that he - and, reportedly, Selena Gomez - are in my town, of all the places in Indonesia. :-P
Anyways, my friend Yoshie is spending the weekend with me in Sentul. On account of the insane traffic in the town today/tonight, we've pretty much stayed home and have done a whole lot of nothing, except for watching "Psych" episodes and drinking coffee excessively.
Bliss!
This date is significant if you're a Justin Bieber fan, because he's giving a concert IN SENTUL, IN MY TOWN IN INDONESIA, 10 minutes away from my house, at this very moment!
I'm sooo NOT a JB fan, but I think it's pretty cool that he - and, reportedly, Selena Gomez - are in my town, of all the places in Indonesia. :-P
Anyways, my friend Yoshie is spending the weekend with me in Sentul. On account of the insane traffic in the town today/tonight, we've pretty much stayed home and have done a whole lot of nothing, except for watching "Psych" episodes and drinking coffee excessively.
Bliss!
:)
Josh and I made some new friends yesterday! He and I went with Yoshie and Marie to the fair, and then we went to a fancy mall for lunch at a Wendy's - a rarity! He and I wanted to go to the imported goods grocery store in the lower level.
On our way down the escalator, we saw these guys in front of a bookstore, so we jumped in w/ them for photos!
(We're also on tons of other people's cameras, too...) Sooo random!
This is my Balinese dance teacher, Ibu Ayu. I think she's wonderful and very patient with me!
As you can see, I need to work a bit more on my arm positions. :-P
And here we are! Marina's on the right. She does a great job of translating between Ibu Ayu and me. (The girl in the middle is Marina's sister-in-law named Jenny.)
On June 11th, the 4 of us are going to perform in Bellanova, which is the strip mall here in Sentul. We'll have full costumes and makeup and head gear and everything! I'm a bit nervous but excited! :)
Right now, a thunderstorm is brewing. It's been thundering and growling for hours, just like each night this past week. I'm not sure if it'll actually rain or not, but I hope it won't rain tomorrow morning, because several of us are planning to have an earrrrly outdoor, sunrise Easter service.
Monday is a day off for us, although I'm not sure why. If I do anything photoworthy tomorrow or Monday, I'll post about it then. Otherwise, I'm content to say that this week has been a blessing in disguise, because I was able to spend lots of quality time with people, even though I didn't make it to Korea...
Now I'm getting ready to go eat a Mexican dinner in Indonesia with some Americans. What a great way to prepare for Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment