Monday, April 11, 2011

Random fun in April

I am leaving for South Korea on Saturday, which is only 5 days away!

In the meantime, I need to grade like a mad woman, because Miss Mandy has been a major slacker teacher this semester...so I've posted some photos of the randomness in my life as of lately....enjoy!

(My next postings will be about Korea, after I've returned. Who's excited?? I'm excited!!!!)

************************************************************************

Two days after I returned AND recovered from being in Bali, we expats celebrated Cara Grace's 6th birthday party.

Here she and I are, playing in her little pool.

None of us knew water and mud would be involved at this party, but thankfully, I wore clothes that I didn't mind getting filthy. (!)


The party began innocently enough.

Here, Leanne's playing with Cara in her pool.



However, when Cara left to go play with her toys instead of playing ball with us outside, our ball game quickly turned into a mud fight!

Yep. That's me, totally face down in the mud because I tried to get the ball away from Leanne.



:-P


Later, we had a bonfire and s'mores, just like we did for Chinese New Year.



A few weeks ago, I finally paid off my student loans!!!


Right after that, some of us had a Girls' Day/Night in Jakarta.

Our first stop of shopping was at a place called Galeri Pot.

(Translated: "Pottery Gallery")



I didn't buy anything there, but I thought the hand-painted pottery was beautiful.



Marie organized our day out. Here, she's posing in the shop with her crutch, which she earned after having a a bike accident while I was in Bali.



After shopping and lunch at Starbucks, we arrived at our hotel.

Here I am in the lobby, pretending I'm loaded with money. :-P



There were 4 of us, so we stayed in a sweet suite. It was so cool - and big! - that I felt the need to take photos. Because I'm like that.

Fera and I shared a bedroom.


Here's one of the two bathrooms...with a separate bidet!



The other bathroom had a BATHTUB!!!


Living room


Marie, looking at the Jakarta skyline


Here we are, all dressed up for dinner at the hotel!

Fera, Marie, Rebekah, our friend from another school who celebrated Halloween at my house.

(Marie and Rebekah are wearing different batik styles, if you're interested in batik.)


Gettin some love from Fera!


The youngun's were crazy and pretended they were in a band while we waited for our food.


Our shopping!

I can't tell you what we/I bought, because some of them will be Christmas presents for people who read my blog, but I can say we went shopping at Starbucks, the pottery place and at a bamboo angel place.

*ahem*




Yesterday, after church, I celebrated Yoshie's birthday with Lis and Elise.

Here we are at Marche, the awesome place where we celebrated my birthday a few years ago and where I took Joy in January.


Blowing out her candle after being serenaded "Happy Birthday" by waiters with cowbells!
(No photos of the cowbells, though.)



(...dang flash...!)




Eating with Elise and Lis


The last bit of randomness was when Josh randomly came over for a bit a few nights ago. He was cold in my house because I always have my air con on, so he wrapped up in one of my blankets. I told him he looked like an Indian guy, so he also made a turban out of my Indian wrap. :) Haha!

No comments: