Sunday, September 25, 2011

Some girly fun at Sagoo!

Last Friday night, I went out to eat with my Indonesian girlfriends, Detty and Tiwi.

We ate at a new restaurant at the mall in Bogor that we always go to.


It was like an Indonesian Cracker Barrel. It was decorated in a combination of antique Indonesian/Chinese patterns, and it had photographs of old-time things.


This guy was posted at the entrance and was watching us eat. Creeeepyyyy...


Here's a woman browsing the handicraft toys at the entrance of the store.


Some crazy decor


I'm not sure why there are so many birdcages here in Asia. People like to keep birds as pets here often, maybe for a future snack...??? :-P


Part of the seating area




A close-up view of the scrapbooked walls


The oh-so-Chinese seating decor that's oh-so-hideous!
(I was feeling a bit nauseated by the end of our meal b/c the decor was oh-so-overwhelming!)


The tiny baskets are rice baskets.


Tiwi, Detty and me

Don't you LOVE our (hideous) theme shirts that we wear on Fridays? Gag!
I feel like we should be on "Sesame Street" as Cookie Monster wannabes or something...


This is an old-fashioned way of saying "Selamat Datang"/"Welcome".


Detty and the Prosperity Girl :)


This was my meal - nasi goreng ayam, tidak pedas (chicken fried rice, not spicy)...

...and this was Detty's meal - funky French fries and weird-looking sausages.

No comments: