Dear Everyone,
As evidenced by my lack of blog postings for the month of October, I've had no earth-shattering news to blog about on here. Nothing majorly fun or important happened in October - not even Halloween festivities. :( (Maybe next year!)
I'm on my 4th of 5 days of holiday time for Idul Adha. I've been home for all of it - except for the two times I went to the grocery store - and it's been bliss! I've been playing Christmas music nonstop, decorating my house for Christmas, and sleeping in every morning. (Which means, til 7:30 or so, but that counts for me!)
On Saturday night, I took a break from my solitude and hosted a princess party for Cara and Lydia. I was inspired to do this when I went to Malaysia back in August and had seen a fairy cupcake mix on the shelf, and it made me wish I had little girls to make them with, so I bought the mix with the princess party idea in mind.
The girls went ALL OUT in their costumes!
(Their parents don't let them celebrate Halloween, and I didn't get to celebrate it this year, so it was a much - needed excuse for all of us to get dressed up!)
As evidenced by my lack of blog postings for the month of October, I've had no earth-shattering news to blog about on here. Nothing majorly fun or important happened in October - not even Halloween festivities. :( (Maybe next year!)
I'm on my 4th of 5 days of holiday time for Idul Adha. I've been home for all of it - except for the two times I went to the grocery store - and it's been bliss! I've been playing Christmas music nonstop, decorating my house for Christmas, and sleeping in every morning. (Which means, til 7:30 or so, but that counts for me!)
On Saturday night, I took a break from my solitude and hosted a princess party for Cara and Lydia. I was inspired to do this when I went to Malaysia back in August and had seen a fairy cupcake mix on the shelf, and it made me wish I had little girls to make them with, so I bought the mix with the princess party idea in mind.
The girls went ALL OUT in their costumes!
(Their parents don't let them celebrate Halloween, and I didn't get to celebrate it this year, so it was a much - needed excuse for all of us to get dressed up!)
Soooo pretty!
We made fairy cupcakes (with purple, edible glitter!),
...blew bubbles...
...and were just generally silly!
My finest hour. :-P
Cara and Lydia also took turns being a photographer with my camera.
This is one of the few good (i.e. centered) photos they took. :-P
They liked playing with my Wii, even though they couldn't figure out any of the games.
No comments:
Post a Comment